Do you get excited about developing new products in an innovative scale-up environment? Then the position below might be perfect for you because we are looking for a System Engineer!
At TrueKinetix we are not content with redefining indoor cycling – our goal is to revolutionize it. Our TruForce Technology is the driving force behind the revolutionary TrueBike and TrueTrainer, making indoor cycling a much more realistic and effective experience. More importantly, the TrueForce technology allows you to train your muscles in the same way as you would outdoors on a regular road bike, ensuring you can continue to train properly even indoors regardless of the weather, time, or other external factors. And we’re not stopping – we are working hard on developing new products that will apply the TrueForce technology to other indoor training systems and sports, like rowing, running, and fitness equipment.
As head of the development team, you are responsible for the entire design process of our new and existing products, in which the innovative TrueForce technology is applied. You lead a team of electronics engineers, mechanics, and software designers, working closely with the production team. You ensure that the products meet our own strict quality requirements, but also that we incorporate valuable feedback from our customers. Thus, you will analyze and solve quality problems, so that we can ensure the high quality of our products. Furthermore, you will investigate how the assemblies of our products can be even simpler and the quality even higher, by making design improvements at the front end.
- Develop and elaborate designs of new and existing products.
- Managing the team of mechanical engineers and software developers.
- Planning the execution of new and existing designs.
- Setting up test fixtures and performing tests.
- Liaising with external suppliers.
- Continuing to develop the TrueForce technology.
- Bachelor or Master in a relevant direction, preferably in Electrical Engineering.
- At least 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent English in word and writing.
- Positive, down-to-earth, and solution-oriented.
- Organized, structured, and experienced with development processes and quality control.
- Affinity with sports is strongly appreciated.
- A competitive salary depending on your experience.
- A fixed-term contract with the prospect of extension.
- A job for 32-40 hours a week.
This is us
TrueKinetix believes that everyone benefits from a healthy active lifestyle. Therefore, we want to help people get or stay fit by offering category-defining indoor training solutions that mimic outdoor training as closely as possible. To do this, the TrueKinetix team explores uncharted territory and develops innovative hardware and software applications for a better training experience.
Started in 2016 by a rebellious triathlete, TrueKinetix is led by experienced entrepreneurs with a strong network in the sports and high-tech industries. Our team consists of qualified engineers, software developers, exercise scientists, and commercial professionals: we set high standards for ourselves but have enough self-reflection to keep it fun.
After the initial positive reception of our prototype by NOC*NSF in 2018, TrueKinetix has received several awards, including the Bike Motion Training Award 2019, Dutch Sports Innovation Award 2019, and the CES Innovation Award 2023. Since delivering our first TrueBikes to customers in Q4, 2019, we have ramped up production. From 2020, we will build a network of demo shops and aim to deliver a true experience to a growing customer base, both in the Netherlands, Belgium, and Germany.